Friday, November 5, 2010

I'm thankful for...

... my wife, Ann.
annsframe084.jpg


She is a gracious gift from God that has blessed my life for nearly 34 years (we meet as juniors in high school). We were wed on August 1, 1981. Yes, we've had our share of difficulties. We've not always seen eye to eye, but we've worked those matters out or saw them as just too small to drive a wedge between us. God has blessed us greatly. I try to be Christ to her, but I am far too human, weak and just too much me to do that well. She respects me more than I ever deserve. I love her. And I'm thankful for her.

Ann.jpg


This weekend, we're going to use another appreciation gift from our church, Cornerstone EFC. We're going to Minneapolis to see "Away In The Basement with the Church Basement Ladies." We've seen their original play and it was a hoot! This should be equally as great.

Ann, here's looking forward to another 34 years!

Ann & Me.jpg





"When I Said I Do"

Clint Black & Lisa Hartman Black

These times are trouble

And these times are good

There always gonna be

They rise and they fall

We take them all the way that we should

Together you and me

Forsaking them all


Deep in the night

And by the light of day

It always looks the same

True love always does

Here by your side or a million miles away

Nothin' is ever gonna change the way I feel

The way it is, is the way that it was


Chorus:


When I said I do, I meant that I will

Til' the end of all time

Be faithful and true, devoted to you

That's what I had in mind, when I said I do


Well this whole world keeps changin'

And the world stays the same

For all who came before

And it goes hand in hand


Only you and I can undo

All that we became

That makes us so much more (so much more)

Than a woman and a man


After everything

That comes and goes around

Has only passed us by

Here alone in our dreams


I know there's a lonely heart

In every lost and found

But forever you and I will be the ones

Who found out what forever means


Chorus

Truer than true

You know that I'll always be there for you

That's what I had in mind

That's what I had in mind

When I said I do







Technorati Tags:
, , , , , , , , , , , , , ,



1 comment:

  1. Aw, how sweet. You have been blessed to have a godly wife. May you have many more years to serve the Lord side by side!

    ReplyDelete

Leave your thoughts here, but keep in mind, they could get lost in mine!